Hello everyone! Happy New Year 🙂
Thanks a lot Whats Next for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Earlier I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. It feels great to have awesome people from around the world accepting me as a part of the blogging community wholeheartedly.
This award is meant for bloggers who bring sunshine into the lives of fellow bloggers and inspire their lives. Really this is an honor for me. And there is reciprocity in this. Since I became a part of this blogging community, a part of sunshine in my life can be attributed to you beautiful and lovely people out there! Thank you so much.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank your nominator.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers and ask your nominees your own questions.
The answers to the questions asked by Roo are:-
- What is your favorite genre to read?
I love reading humor. My favorite author is P.G. Wodehouse and I don’t think anyone can ever match his ultimate juggling of words, taking apart the English vocabulary and then putting it together much more beautifully.
2. What did you mostly read today?
Sadly, I read IS codes related to construction today. 😀
3. If one word could describe you, what do you think it would be?
Balance. You could call me a jack of all trades.
4. What makes your favorite character stand out to you?
I have many favorites for varying reasons. If you put a gun to my head, I would go with Sherlock Holmes, because of his capacity to stay so detached and yet so connected at the same time with the situation and people around him, if you know what I mean.
5. If a story is difficult to understand, do you finish reading it?
Definitely. For better or worse, the end always matters to me. I’ve skipped over difficult parts of many stories just to reach till the end.
6. What one person would you choose as a companion for a day?
I would choose Christopher Nolan as my companion for a day to understand his motivations, imaginations and inhibitions, if any.
7. What one literary character affected you most?
I think Bertie Wooster affected my outlook towards things around me the most. He taught me that laziness is acceptable. 😀 And there is always a funny way of looking at difficult circumstances.
8. If you could pick where you would retire, where would it be today?
I would love to retire in Himachal Pradesh in India. It is really amazing, and when you have beautiful neighbors like Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand, what more could you want?
9. If you could choose one gift or talent for a lifetime, but only one, what would it be?
I would love to have the power to teleport. And I would use it to travel all over the world. And beyond. I mean it would be the coolest gift possible, wouldn’t it?
10. Stranded on a deserted island, what two non-electronic items do you want with you?
I would want a good book to read, and delicious food to eat. It would be a perfect vacation. And when I am rescued later, I would shout, I LIVED!
11. What is one target accomplishment for 2016?
I can only fiddle with a guitar, and play some simple songs. I want to learn guitar so that I could give myself the gift of my own music.
My nominations for this award are:-
All of these are amazing bloggers and they have definitely brought sunshine in my life through their wonderful blog. Please visit them. I am sure your day would be brighter after getting to know them.
So, dear nominees, my questions for you are:-
- What do you do when you have a full day ahead of you, just for yourself?
- Why do think people should read fiction?
- Which place would you love to visit in India most?
- Are you a cat or a dog person?
- If you have to recommend a book to someone, what would it be?
- What is the importance of music in your life?
- Are you vocation and avocation different? How do you cope with it?
- When do you think a person is ready to die? (I hope I don’t offend anyone)
Keep spreading the sunshine. 🙂